ST. LOUIS, Oct. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Peabody Energy (NYSE: BTU) Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Gregory H. Boyce today announced leadership changes within the business units to further strengthen Peabody's global operating platform. The company has named Eric Ford as Chairman of Peabody's Australia Business Unit, Charles F. Meintjes as President – Australia and Kemal Williamson as President – Americas. All changes are effective Nov. 15, 2012.
"We will continue to rely on Eric for his deep operational expertise as he oversees all strategic aspects of the Australia platform," said Boyce. "Charles and Kemal each bring extensive senior operating experience across the world's mining regions, and we look forward to their leadership advancing mining and commercial operations and cost control across Australia and the Americas."
In his new role, Ford will oversee strategic direction, operational and commercial strategy and performance, and external stakeholder interaction. Ford previously served as President – Australia.In their new roles, Meintjes and Williamson each will lead business unit teams that manage all aspects of the Australia and Americas operating platforms with responsibility for health and safety, operations, sales and marketing, product delivery and support functions. Meintjes has extensive operational, strategy, continuous improvement and information technology experience with mining companies on three continents. He joined Peabody in 2007, and most recently served as Acting President – Americas and Group Executive of Operations for the Midwest and Colorado. Williamson brings more than 30 years experience in mining engineering and operations roles across North America and Australia. He joined Peabody in 2000, and most recently was Group Executive Operations for the company's Peabody Energy Australia operations. The company also announced the following appointments:
- George J. Schuller has been named Group Executive of Operations for Peabody Energy Australia, replacing Williamson. Most recently, Schuller served as Group Executive Operations for the Powder River Basin and Southwest in the Americas business unit. Schuller has more than a quarter century of operational experience with Peabody subsidiaries in both the United States and Australia.
- Replacing Schuller is D.L. Lobb, who has been named Group Executive of Operations for the Americas. Lobb previously served in the role of Group Executive – Operational Support within the business unit. He has more than a quarter century of mining experience and has been with Peabody for seven years, including previous responsibilities as Group Executive – Powder River Basin Operations.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts