REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Oct. 23, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today introduced Informatica PowerCenter Big Data Edition, a major innovation for enterprises augmenting traditional transactional data with social, mobile, cloud and machine data at high velocity, volume and variety. By leveraging new analytical platforms such as Hadoop, only PowerCenter Big Data Edition works both with emerging technologies and traditional data management infrastructure to unlock the value of big data while lowering big data costs and risks.
The PowerCenter Big Data Edition provides an innovative, no-coding environment to allow organizations to lower costs of big data projects involving new technologies like Hadoop through:
- High-Speed Data Ingestion and Extraction - Big data loading, processing and extraction across heterogeneous environments to optimize the end-to-end flow of data between Hadoop and traditional data management infrastructure.
- No-code development environment - Removes hand-coding within Hadoop through the visual Informatica development environment. Develop and scale data flows with no specialized hand-coding in order to maximize reuse.
- Virtual data machine - Allows users to build transformation logic once, and deploy at any scale on Hadoop, traditional ETL grid infrastructure, or even through data federation applications. The virtual data machine allows a developer to create a single set of graphical mappings and run them on a wide variety of data platforms and deployment models.
- Near-Universal Data Access and Comprehensive Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) on Hadoop - Reliably access a variety of types and sources of data using a rich library of pre-built ETL transforms for both transaction and interaction data that run on Hadoop or traditional grid infrastructure.
"PowerCenter Big Data Edition provides customers with a proven path of innovation, built on Informatica's established GUI-based development environment and long-standing data integration leadership," said James Markarian, executive vice president and chief technology officer, Informatica. "Early Hadoop adopters are beginning to recognize the challenges due to a lack of interoperability with traditional computing and data management infrastructure and the lower productivity and lack of available skills of yet another programming language. PowerCenter Big Data Edition addresses both these challenges: near-universal connectivity and no-coding development. Simply put, our value proposition for Big Data and Hadoop is to allow you to do more with your existing skills and infrastructure while safely adopting new technologies such as Hadoop."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts