Patients who are at high-risk for adverse events from the carotid endarterectomy procedure were included in this study. This would then include symptomatic patients with ≥ 50% or asymptomatic patients with ≥ 80% stenosis in their carotid artery. The primary endpoints for the study are major adverse events which include death, any myocardial infarction or stroke up to 30 days after the stenting procedure. Secondary outcomes such as the effect of symptom status, age, gender and high risk entry criteria were also analyzed.
Dr. Metzger is compensated for his services as a consultant to Cordis Corporation.
About Cordis Corporation
Cordis Corporation, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is a worldwide leader in the development and manufacture of interventional vascular technology. Through the company's innovation, research and development, Cordis partners with interventional cardiologists worldwide to treat millions of patients who suffer from vascular disease. More information about Cordis Corporation can be found at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV