- 21% increase in total revenues to $35.6 million compared to $29.4 million in third quarter 2011.
- 57% increase in diluted earnings per share to $0.11 for the third quarter of 2012 versus $0.07 for the third quarter of 2011. Diluted earnings per share amounted to $0.34 for the nine months ended September 30, 2012 compared to diluted earnings per share of $0.18 for the nine months ended September 30, 2011.
- 85% increase in quarterly prepaid card fees to $7.5 million compared to $4.0 million in third quarter 2011.
- 67% increase in quarterly non-interest income (including prepaid card fees) to $11.1 million compared to $6.7 million in third quarter 2011 excluding security gains and other than temporary impairment (OTTI).
- 10% increase in quarterly net interest income to $21.6 million compared to $19.6 million in third quarter 2011. On a linked quarter basis, net interest income grew at an annualized 13% rate, primarily reflecting higher loan income.
- The linked quarter net interest margin increased to 2.90% from 2.59%.
- At September 30, 2012 the portfolio of loans and securities had grown to $2.5 billion, an increase of $372 million, or 17% over third quarter 2011. Outstanding loans increased 9% over that period.
- Average deposits for third quarter 2012 totaled $2.8 billion, an increase of $295 million or 12% over 2011, reflecting growth in all major deposit categories. The interest paid on deposits between those respective periods decreased to 0.37% from 0.45%.
The Bancorp, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.