The Bancorp, Inc. ("Bancorp") (NASDAQ: TBBK), a financial holding company, today reported financial results for the third quarter of 2012.
Net income for the third quarter of 2012 increased to $3.6 million compared to $2.3 million in the third quarter of 2011, an increase of 56%.
- 21% increase in total revenues to $35.6 million compared to $29.4 million in third quarter 2011.
- 57% increase in diluted earnings per share to $0.11 for the third quarter of 2012 versus $0.07 for the third quarter of 2011. Diluted earnings per share amounted to $0.34 for the nine months ended September 30, 2012 compared to diluted earnings per share of $0.18 for the nine months ended September 30, 2011.
- 85% increase in quarterly prepaid card fees to $7.5 million compared to $4.0 million in third quarter 2011.
- 67% increase in quarterly non-interest income (including prepaid card fees) to $11.1 million compared to $6.7 million in third quarter 2011 excluding security gains and other than temporary impairment (OTTI).
- 10% increase in quarterly net interest income to $21.6 million compared to $19.6 million in third quarter 2011. On a linked quarter basis, net interest income grew at an annualized 13% rate, primarily reflecting higher loan income.
- The linked quarter net interest margin increased to 2.90% from 2.59%.
- At September 30, 2012 the portfolio of loans and securities had grown to $2.5 billion, an increase of $372 million, or 17% over third quarter 2011. Outstanding loans increased 9% over that period.
- Average deposits for third quarter 2012 totaled $2.8 billion, an increase of $295 million or 12% over 2011, reflecting growth in all major deposit categories. The interest paid on deposits between those respective periods decreased to 0.37% from 0.45%.
Betsy Z. Cohen, Bancorp’s Chief Executive Officer, said, “Third quarter 2012 saw a continuation in our earnings growth as a result of significant increases in both our non-interest and net interest income. Adjusted operating earnings, a non-GAAP measure, increased to $11.3 million, a $2.8 million, or 32% increase over the comparable prior year period. Our position as a leader in the prepaid card space continues to drive the increase in non-interest income. On the asset side, we grew our loans 9% over the year in a difficult lending environment. We continue to target what we believe to be lower risk assets including Small Business Administration (SBA) loans, security backed lines of credit and vehicle fleet leasing. Consumer loans, primarily security backed lines of credit, grew 35% over the past year, to $276 million. Due to the historically demonstrated strength of related collateral, losses on security backed loans have been virtually non-existent. The Company is well capitalized, and book value per share increased from $8.09 at September 30, 2011 to $8.73 at September 30, 2012, or an increase of 8%.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV