Depreciation and amortization expenses were $15.8 million and capital expenditures were $17.7 million during the third quarter of 2012. The company ended the quarter with $1.2 billion in cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments which is essentially unchanged from January 1, 2012.
Highlights since our last earnings release
- Completed the acquisition of BlueGnome, a leading provider of cytogenetics and in vitro fertilization (IVF) screening products
- Announced expedited Individual Genome Sequencing Services (IGS), powered by HiSeq® 2500 to enable breakthrough turnaround time, available via Illumina's CLIA-certified laboratory
- Announced an alliance with Partners HealthCare to introduce next-generation sequencing (NGS) clinical interpretation and reporting tools
- Announced TruSight™ targeted sequencing content sets, enabling labs to offer cost-effective, streamlined, targeted sequencing solutions for genetic diseases
- Held our inaugural 'Understand Your Genome' event
- Launched Infinium ® HumanCore Arrays for economical large-scale genetic studies
- Announced that the FDA selected the MiSeq® system for use in an extensive program to identify foodborne pathogens
- Launched TruSeq® Stranded mRNA and Total RNA Sequencing Sample Preparation solutions, delivering superior data quality for challenging samples and unprecedented views of the transcriptome
- Further strengthened Illumina's management team by appointing Paul Bianchi to Senior Vice President of Human Resources
- Announced a favorable outcome in patent litigation against Helicos BioSciences Corporation
- Repurchased $25 million of common stock under our previously announced share repurchase program
Financial outlook and guidance
“We are very pleased with our operational execution so far in 2012,” said Jay Flatley, Illumina's President and Chief Executive Officer. “As a result of our performance and the recent announcement regarding NIH funding under the continuing resolution, we are tightening our 2012 revenue and EPS guidance ranges. However, we remain cautious given the uncertainty of the U.S. fiscal cliff as well as the outcome of the Presidential election. Accordingly, we now expect 2012 revenue to be between $1.134 billion and $1.144 billion, (previous guidance was $1.1 billion to $1.175 billion), and non-GAAP earnings per fully diluted share to be between $1.54 and $1.59 (previous guidance was $1.50 to $1.60).”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV