Journal Broadcast Group, Inc., a subsidiary of Journal Communications, Inc. (NYSE:JRN), today announced that it has closed on the purchase of WACY-TV in Green Bay for $2.038 million from ACE TV, Inc.
WACY is a MyNetwork station in Green Bay/Appleton, WI. Journal Broadcast Group has had a local marketing agreement for the station since late 2004. Journal also owns WGBA-TV, the NBC affiliate in Green Bay.
“Completion of the WACY transaction solidifies our duopoly in the Green Bay market,” said Steven J. Smith, Chairman and CEO of Journal Communications.
Forward-looking StatementsThis press release may contain certain forward-looking statements related to our businesses that are based on our current expectations. Forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks, trends and uncertainties, including changes in advertising demand and other economic conditions that could cause actual results to differ materially from the expectations expressed in forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements should be evaluated with the understanding of their inherent uncertainty. Our written policy on forward-looking statements can be found in our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. About Journal Communications Journal Communications, Inc., headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, was founded in 1882. We are a diversified media company with operations in radio and television broadcasting, publishing and interactive media. We own and operate 35 radio stations and 14 television stations in 12 states. We publish the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, which serves as the only major daily newspaper for the Milwaukee metropolitan area, and several community newspapers and shoppers in Wisconsin. Our interactive media assets build on our strong publishing and broadcasting brands.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV