“We are successfully executing our strategy in the Asia Pacific region,” continued Mr. Wentz. “We reported local currency sales growth in nearly all of our Asia Pacific markets and double-digit growth in Greater China and Southeast Asia. We are encouraged by the sales and customer growth in Greater China this quarter, a region that represents a meaningful growth opportunity for USANA in the future. Consequently, growing Greater China is one of the pillars of our worldwide strategy.”
During the third quarter of 2012, net sales in the North America/Europe region increased by 5.9% to $62.5 million, compared with $59.0 million in the prior-year period. The number of Active Associates in North America/Europe declined modestly, compared with the third quarter of 2011.
Mr. Wentz added, “Sales in our North America region, which continues to show indications of improvement, were aided by record Convention sales in the U.S. and a market-specific promotion in Mexico. Additionally, we see Associate productivity improving in this region. As we continue to execute our growth strategy in this region, we remain optimistic that it will continue to grow in the foreseeable future.”
The Company maintained its successful track record of generating meaningful levels of cash from operations and ended the quarter with approximately $77 million in cash and cash equivalents. Cash generated from operations totaled $19.7 million for the quarter. During the quarter, the Company invested $8.9 million to repurchase 200,000 shares of the Company’s stock.Outlook The Company provided the following updated financial outlook for 2012:
- Consolidated net sales approaching $645 million, versus the previous outlook of between $630 million and $640 million.
- Earnings per share between $4.35 and $4.40, versus the previous outlook of between $4.10 and $4.20.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV