Conceptus(R) Reports Third Quarter Financial Results
- Third quarter adjusted EBITDA increases 59.8% to $8.7 million
- Worldwide sales increase 7.2%; Essure-only, constant-currency sales increase 10.2%
- Expert OB/GYN committee recommends hysteroscopic sterilization as "best practice" for female permanent birth control
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Oct. 23, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Conceptus, Inc. (Nasdaq:CPTS), developer of the Essure ® procedure, the leading non-surgical permanent birth control method, today reported financial results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2012.
Sales for the third quarter of 2012 were $35.5 million, an increase of 7.2% compared with sales for the third quarter of 2011 of $33.1 million. On a constant-currency basis, worldwide Essure sales increased 10.2%.
Net income for the third quarter of 2012 was $2.3 million, or $0.07 per share. This compares with a net loss for the third quarter of 2011 of $2.9 million, or ($0.09) per share.Adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, amortization and stock-based compensation ("adjusted EBITDA") for the third quarter of 2012 were $8.7 million, an increase of 59.8% compared with adjusted EBITDA for the third quarter of 2011 of $5.4 million. "Our third quarter financial performance represented continued solid progress with sales growth and profitability in this transition year. While accelerating domestic sales of Essure turned in a strong quarter with 14.3% growth, sales outside the U.S. were negatively impacted by foreign currency exchange rates and European macroeconomic factors. Sales in the U.S. to accounts that had been ordering from our former competitor increased 38% year over year, while the underlying organic growth rate across all of our U.S. business was approximately 11%," said D. Keith Grossman, president and chief executive officer of Conceptus. "We remain focused on executing our transition plan, which includes restoring solid growth to our product and increasing profitability, growing sales in our former competitor's accounts, positioning our organization for continued growth in 2013 and advancing our next-generation product."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV