Molina Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE: MOH):
- Earnings per diluted share for third quarter 2012 of $0.07, down from $0.41 in 2011
- Quarterly premium revenues of $1.5 billion, up 31% over 2011
- Aggregate membership up 9% over 2011
- Year to date cash provided by operating activities up $109 million over 2011
Molina Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE: MOH) today reported its financial results for the third quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2012.
Net income for the quarter was $3.4 million, or $0.07 per diluted share, compared with net income of $19.0 million, or $0.41 per diluted share, for the quarter ended September 30, 2011.
“Our third quarter results demonstrate the tremendous opportunities we have before us,” said J. Mario Molina, M.D., chief executive officer of Molina Healthcare, Inc. “The growth in our Washington revenue in the third quarter was more than enough to replace the revenue we lost as a result of the termination of our contract in Missouri. The developments in Washington are an example of the growth that is happening in our industry even without the impetus of federal legislation. I am also pleased with the rapid turnaround at our Texas health plan, where we have made remarkable progress in the last three months.”Overview of Financial Results The Company’s financial performance in the third quarter of 2012 improved substantially over the second quarter of 2012 due to a significant improvement in the profitability of its Texas health plan. Revenue was consistent between the second and third quarters of 2012 as a 30% increase in revenue at the Washington health plan offset both the termination of the Company’s Missouri enrollment and the slight decline in Texas enrollment. Health Plans Segment Results Premium Revenue Premium revenue for the third quarter of 2012 increased 31% over the third quarter of 2011, primarily due to an increase in membership, a shift in member mix to populations generating higher premium revenue per member per month (PMPM), and benefit expansions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV