In August, Gilead together with Mylan Laboratories, Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited and Strides Arcolab, announced a collaboration agreement to promote access to high-quality, low-cost generic versions of Gilead's HIV medicine emtricitabine in developing countries - including single tablet regimens containing emtricitabine, and fixed-dose combinations of emtricitabine co-formulated with other Gilead HIV medicines.
Product and Pipeline Update
Antiviral FranchiseIn July, Gilead announced:
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved once-daily oral Truvada, in combination with safer sex practices, to reduce the risk of sexually acquired HIV-1 infection in adults at high risk for acquiring HIV. Truvada is the first drug to be approved for HIV prevention in uninfected adults, a strategy called pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP).
- 24-week data from a Phase 3 clinical trial, SPIRIT ( Switching boosted PI to Rilpivirine In Combination with Truvada as a Single Tablet Regimen), which evaluated virologically suppressed treatment-experienced HIV patients switching from a multi-pill regimen containing a ritonavir-boosted protease inhibitor to the once-daily single tablet regimen Complera. The study met its 24-week primary endpoint, which found that switching to Complera was non-inferior to remaining on a ritonavir-boosted protease inhibitor regimen. The findings were presented in an oral session at the 19th International AIDS Conference in Washington, D.C.
- Two-year Phase 3 clinical trial results showing that the integrase inhibitor elvitegravir dosed once daily is non-inferior to raltegravir dosed twice daily among treatment-experienced HIV patients. The findings were presented in an oral session at the 19th International AIDS Conference in Washington, D.C.
- Full clinical trial results from a pivotal Phase 3 study evaluating cobicistat, a pharmacoenhancing or “boosting” agent for HIV therapy, compared to ritonavir, currently the only approved agent used to boost certain antiretroviral treatment regimens. The study found that an HIV regimen containing a cobicistat-boosted protease inhibitor was non-inferior to a regimen containing a ritonavir-boosted protease inhibitor at 48 weeks of therapy. The findings were presented in an oral session at the 19th International AIDS Conference in Washington, D.C.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV