2K Games and Firaxis Games announced today that the critically acclaimed XCOM®: Enemy Unknown will be supported post-launch with two pieces of single-player add-on content that will be available for purchase for Windows PC, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. In addition to these two add-on content packs, the Elite Soldier Pack , which was free to those who pre-ordered XCOM: Enemy Unknown or purchased the game at launch, is now available for purchase. XCOM: Enemy Unknown has critics raving, including review scores of 9 out of 10 from PlayStation: The Official Magazine, 9.1 out of 10 from GameTrailers.com, and 9.5 out of 10 from Game Informer, earning “Game of the Month” honors in the November 2012 issue.
Slingshot Content Pack coming soon for XCOM: Enemy Unknown
The Slingshot Content Pack , the first of two add-on content packs for XCOM: Enemy Unknown , will be available soon. In this new set of linked Council missions, gamers will meet an enigmatic Triad operative, divert an alien ship’s course, and do battle with the aliens in the skies over China. The Slingshot Content Pack includes three new maps tied to the Council missions, a new playable squad character with a unique story and voice and new character customization options. The release date and pricing of the Slingshot Content Pack will be announced soon.
The Elite Soldier Pack , originally free for those who pre-ordered XCOM: Enemy Unknown or purchased the game at launch, is now available for purchase for $4.99 (PlayStation®Network) / 400 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network) / $4.99 (Windows PC). The Elite Soldier Pack provides the ultimate tools for soldier customization in XCOM: Enemy Unknown , including:
- Classic X-COM soldier: Players will instantly receive a new recruit in their barracks inspired by the original X-COM: UFO Defense. The iconic soldier with the blonde, flattop hairstyle will return fully modernized.
- Soldier Deco packs: Players can customize their soldier with several aesthetic upgrades to armor suits, including the new Hyperion and Reaper soldier armor kits.
- Complete color customization: A variety of colors and tints for all armor sets in the game allow players complete control to customize their squad’s look.
A free playable demo* of XCOM: Enemy Unknown is available globally for Windows PC via Steam, and for Xbox 360 and PS3™. Gamers who download the demo will be guided through two levels of the single-player tutorial campaign, experiencing the combat controls and effective tactics for defending humanity against the alien threat. The two tutorial missions will also introduce players to the XCOM base, where soldier training and researching alien technology takes place, and offers a chance to experience the tactical and strategic layers of XCOM: Enemy Unknown .Released in 1993, the original X-COM still reigns as one of the best PC games of all time and has been reimagined as XCOM: Enemy Unknown by the strategy experts at Firaxis Games. XCOM: Enemy Unknown expands on the X-COM legacy with an entirely new story, enemies and technologies to fight hostile aliens and defend Earth. In XCOM: Enemy Unknown , players will oversee combat strategies and individual unit tactics as well as base management and resource allocation while playing as the commander of a secret global military organization, XCOM. With equal emphasis on deep strategy and intense tactical combat , XCOM: Enemy Unknown will allow gamers to control the fate of the human race by defending against a terrifying global alien invasion. XCOM: Enemy Unknown is available now for Windows PC, Xbox 360 and PS3™. XCOM: Enemy Unknown is rated M for Mature by the ESRB. For more information, please visit http://www.xcom.com. For the latest news and information on XCOM: Enemy Unknown , become a fan on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/XCOM. * Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network, PlayStation®Network for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system or Internet connection and acceptance of Steam Subscriber agreement required to access demo. 2K Games is a division of 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV