FOCUS12 – McAfee today announced a new McAfee Security Management solution that helps close a key gap in enterprise security by offering intelligent, automated real-time asset monitoring: the underlying architecture for continuous monitoring. McAfee Vulnerability Manager now includes McAfee Asset Manager to automatically discover and inspect assets as they connect to the network. This tight integration provides asset discovery and connectivity information to help eliminate vulnerability management gaps and identify policy violations to improve overall security posture.
Enterprise IT faces a daunting challenge: industry experts predict that by 2020 there will be 50 billion devices connected to the internet 1 and IT will have to detect and assess these devices as they connect to corporate networks. Protecting enterprises and information means IT will need to have real-time visibility and knowledge of these connected devices. This is a major problem in today’s networks: IT is often unaware of new potentially unsecured or compromised systems on the network. The gap between connection and awareness is a gap exploited by attackers and places compliance initiatives at risk.
“You can’t protect and secure what you can’t see. McAfee is taking a significant step and fulfilling the promise of enterprise security intelligence by providing deep asset visibility with context and putting in place a fundamental layer in achieving continuous monitoring,” said Ken Levine, senior vice president and general manager, Management Systems at McAfee. “With this offering, McAfee strengthens its vulnerability and asset management solutions to detect gaps in security from mobile devices to data centers.”
McAfee Vulnerability Manager with McAfee Asset ManagerThe McAfee Asset Manager component of McAfee Vulnerability Manager performs asset discovery that is automated, intelligent and connectivity aware. By providing real-time awareness of newly connected devices, McAfee Asset Manager helps organizations strengthen their security by alerting McAfee Vulnerability Manager to execute targeted vulnerability scans as soon as new or unknown devices connect to the network, including mobile phones, tablets, virtual machines, and travelling laptops. This automated asset discovery capability provides security teams with the ability to detect unprotected systems, plus gain connectivity context for security monitoring and detect policy violations in real-time. In addition, asset manager’s combination of passive and active discovery enables real-time detection and asset inventory for full situational awareness of all assets. McAfee Asset Manager also passes asset information directly to McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator software to allow IT to bring unmanaged systems under security management. Key Features:
Automated collection and deep inspection of asset information with
McAfee Asset Manager
- Real-time discovery of ALL devices attaching to the network, including smartphones, tablets, servers, laptops, desktops, virtual machines, other networked devices, and all networking equipment
- Enables always up-to-date vulnerability assessment status
Intelligent combination of passive and active discovery
- Low impact, high definition discovery provides a richer understanding of networked assets than possible with either method alone
Stronger security monitoring through greater asset context
- McAfee Enterprise Security Manager gathers McAfee Vulnerability Manager data, including information provided by McAfee Asset Manager to provide asset connectivity, configuration and control context into the security monitoring process
- McAfee Asset Manager provides topology view of network and discovered assets
- McAfee Asset Manager provides full software and hardware inventory of discovered assets
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV