Penn National Gaming, Inc. (Nasdaq: PENN) announced today that it has named Mark Loewe Vice President of Ohio Racing Operations, subject to customary regulatory approvals. Loewe, a 30-year veteran of the horse racing industry with a five year tenure at Penn National Gaming, most recently served as Vice President of Racing at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course in Grantville, PA, a position he assumed in November 2010.
As Vice President of Ohio Racing Operations, Mr. Loewe will oversee the operations of the Company’s two existing Ohio racetracks – Beulah Park in Grove City and Raceway Park in Toledo – and work closely with the team overseeing Penn National’s development of two new gaming and racing facilities in Dayton and Austintown. He will be assisted by Jim McKinney, who will continue as General Manager of Beulah Park.
“Mark has done a tremendous job for us since joining Penn National five years ago,” said Christopher McErlean, Vice President of Racing for Penn National Gaming. “Ohio is an exciting long-term opportunity for our company and we are looking forward to the next few years as we transition from our current tracks to a new era in Ohio racing, highlighted by new facilities and expanded revenues through the introduction of gaming. I believe Mark is up to the challenges and opportunities we face in the Buckeye state as we build these new racing facilities and transition from our existing operations.”
In addition to his work at Penn National Race Course, Mr. Loewe served as General Manager at Sanford Orlando Kennel Club in Longwood, Florida from February 2008 to November 2010. Prior to joining Penn National Gaming, he served as Director of Pari-Mutuel Operations at Prairie Meadows in Altoona, Iowa from 2005 to 2008 and in a number of management positions at Pompano Park in Pompano Beach, Florida for over 15 years. In addition, Loewe was a licensed Standardbred trainer for over 10 years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV