Gevo (GEVO) is a renewable chemicals and advanced biofuels company focused on the development and commercialization of alternatives to petroleum-based products. This stock is trading up 4.7% to $1.99 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.84-$2.0252-Week Range: $1.77-$11.29 Volume: 176,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 563,800 From a technical perspective, GEVO is bouncing higher here right off some near-term support at $1.80 with light volume. This bounce is also coming off of oversold territory, since its current relative strength index is 33.18. Oversold can always get more oversold, but GEVO is now starting to move within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. Traders should look for long-biased trades in GEVO once it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $2.10 to $2.25 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above 563,800 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then GEVO will setup to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $2.60 to $2.91. Any high-volume move above its 50-day at $2.91 will give GEVO a chance to hit $3.50 in the near future. To see more stocks under-$10 that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under $10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV