McClatchy (MNI) is a news, advertising and information provider, offering an array of print and digital products in each of the markets it serves. This stock is trading up 8.9% to $2.69 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $2.44-$2.7552-Week Range: $1.05-$3.04 Volume: 330,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 280,462 From a technical perspective, MNI is ripping higher here right off some near-term support at $2.42 with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing MNI within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once MNI manages to take out some key overhead resistance levels at $2.92 to $3.20 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in MNI once it sustains a move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above 280,462 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for MNI to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $4 to $4.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV