RigNet Service Highlights
- Provide comprehensive and turnkey remote communications solutions for the drilling contractor and its oil and gas customer on an ultra deep-water drilling rig
- Provide backhauls from RigNet's teleport to the offices of the contractor
- Provide 24/7 network monitoring tools and support services from RigNet's Network Operations Center, with onsite support services as required
HOUSTON, Oct. 23, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- RigNet, Inc. (Nasdaq:RNET), a leading global provider of managed remote communications solutions to the oil and gas industry, today announced that its Brazil subsidiary, RigNet Serviços de Telecomunicações Brasil, has signed a six-year contract with a major drilling contractor and its oil and gas customer to deliver managed network communications solutions for an ultra deep-water drilling rig.
"It is a pleasure to bring the Brazilian oil and gas market high-quality, leading managed communications services," said Mauricio Rubinsztajn, RigNet's Brazil General Manager. "It is especially exciting to have the opportunity to serve this major drilling contractor and its customer in Brazil with world-class reliable communications services via satellite with auto-stabilized antennas, providing reliable and secure voice, data and Internet access services that contribute to remote worker productivity, safety, education and off-duty entertainment."Through VSAT technology solutions, RigNet is able to meet two priorities for the oil and gas community: high-performance and security. The demands on reliable offshore and onshore communication systems require dependable and efficient support around the clock. RigNet's Network Operation Center provides 24/7 network monitoring and can dispatch local field technicians when required. RigNet delivers innovative products while upholding industry standards with fully-managed, end-to-end IP network solutions to ensure each rig derives the greatest value from its communications services. About RigNet, Inc. RigNet (Nasdaq:RNET) is a leading global provider of managed remote communications, systems integration and collaborative applications dedicated to the oil and gas industry, focusing on offshore and onshore drilling rigs, energy production facilities and energy maritime. RigNet provides solutions ranging from fully-managed voice and data networks to more advanced applications that include video conferencing and real-time data services to remote sites in over 30 countries on six continents, effectively spanning the drilling and production industry. RigNet is based in Houston, Texas. For more information, please visit www.rig.net . RigNet is a registered trademark of RigNet, Inc. The RigNet, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=8418
CONTACT: Morten Hagland Hansen RigNet +1 (281) 674-0111 media@Rig.Net
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV