TheStreet recently polled readers on which feature of the rumored iPad Mini they would be most excited to see. Despite a flurry of rumors about a scaled-down device, only 21.15% of respondents said they are most excited about a smaller screen, which is rumored to be 7.85 inches.
Some 50% of respondents, however, cited cheaper pricing as the key feature of the new tablet.
Pricing for Apple's latest iPad, which was launched earlier this year, starts at $499. There has been intense speculation, however, about much cheaper iPad Mini pricing, with Topeka Capital Markets analyst Brian White predicting a price point between $250 and $300. Almost a third of respondents to The Street's recent iPad Mini poll also predicted that the device will be priced at $349.The potential of retina display technology and high-speed LTE networking on an iPad Mini are much less compelling to readers, with only 7.24% and 16.23%, respectively, voicing their excitement. Other rumored product that Apple may unveil on Tuesday include a Mac Mini, MacBook Pro and perhaps a new iMac. TheStreet will be live-blogging the event at the 1,122-seat California Theater from 12.30 PM ET: --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV