WASHINGTON, Oct. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- It's no secret that the media industry is undergoing seismic shifts. Companies are competing for every edge to adapt and enhance their brands for growing digital audiences. Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the analytic data solutions company, announced today that Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP), the leading media and marketing company serving 100 million American women and featuring multiple well-known national brands, has expanded its Teradata Data Warehouse environment to support the development of a new architecture as it continues to enhance its position as a powerful digital media company.
Meredith, a long-time Teradata customer, has an extensive digital media presence that consists of more than 30 websites and mobile websites, 20 applications (apps), and 20 brands with recurring digital editions available on various digital platforms. Meredith's large database runs on a Teradata system with newly expanded Private Cloud architecture, with elasticity, and other benefits.
Meredith considers Teradata a strategic partner and enabler of the company's new online media and ecommerce business model, key to enabling its strategic initiatives associated with digital marketing."Our integrated data strategy is key to bringing the best products to market and growing our business," said Jack Goldenberg, Meredith Chief Technology Officer. "Understanding and supporting our customers, whether they use traditional print magazines or digital versions, is a key requirement for us. Our business model has been evolving rapidly and we need to quickly respond to the market. Teradata is the perfect solution. It helps us leverage our existing assets in a flexible and economical way." Digital Marketing executives are trying new ways and tools to better understand consumer behavior across a spectrum of channels. They need analytic information solutions to read and track how consumers are engaging with various properties across traditional, online and mobile devices. They need to integrate structured and unstructured data for much broader market and customer visibility. With this insight, marketers can:
- Make better strategy decisions and tactical plans
- Improve customer experience and satisfaction
- Optimize marketing allocations – and increase marketing ROI
- Create a deeper, 360-degree view of consumer and brands
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV