Eagle Plains Resources Ltd. (EPL:TSX-V) announces drill results from its 100% owned, road-accessible 3,554 ha Black Diamond project located 35km west of Invermere, B.C. Two holes were drilled on the property in 2012 for a total of 430m, testing the Black Diamond Zone down-dip and along strike to the west.
- Hole BD12-01 intersected 2.83m grading 4.34% lead, 5.13% zinc and 111.1g/t silver from 170.43m to 173.26m, with true thickness calculated to be 1.58m.
- Entire mineralized interval returned 3.98 % combined lead-zinc and 49.3 g/t silver over 17.37m (true thickness 9.8m), from 164.46m to 181.83m
- Additional claims staked subsequent to drilling, with the resultant land package containing a 12km-long mineralized structural corridor
Black Diamond Summary
The property contains a prominent structure which hosts quartz vein material up to 8m in width and locally contains high-grade silver, lead and zinc mineralization. Located within the Toby Creek area, the steeply-dipping north/south-oriented structure is exposed for approximately 760m vertically. Historical pits, trenches and tunnels are located along irregular, exposed intervals over 12kms.The Black Diamond Zone saw limited production in 1906-1907. Tunnels up to 65m in length were driven into mineralization in three separate areas over 790m (2600’) on the north side of Toby Creek. Historical production of 47 tons of ore was reported, containing 1,929 oz. Ag (40.0 oz/t), and 15,801 lbs. Pb (63%)(source: MEMPR MINFILE). Zinc-rich material was probably left as waste, as evidenced by inspection of waste dumps. In 1995, a four-hole, helicopter-supported drilling program was completed, funded by a private partnership. Four holes were drilled from a single set-up for a total of 179.1m. Results ranged from trace values to the best intersection in Hole 95-02 at 28.0m to 31.0m, which graded 93.73 g/t silver, 9.66% lead and 5.17% zinc over 3.0m, with elevated amounts of cadmium (true thickness estimated at approximately 1.4m).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts