PITTSBURGH, Oct. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- DICK'S Sporting Goods (NYSE: DKS), the largest U.S. based full-line sporting goods retailer, invites the community of Wheaton to their three-day grand opening weekend. The store will open its doors on Wednesday, October 24 and begin the celebration with a ribbon cutting ceremony on Friday, October 26 at 8:00 a.m. at the retailer's new location at Westfield Wheaton, 11160 Veirs Mill Road. Special extended store hours will also be in effect for Friday ( 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.), Saturday ( 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.) and Sunday ( 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
DICK'S Sporting Goods also has a variety of special athlete appearances and giveaways scheduled to celebrate the grand opening festivities.
Saturday's schedule will feature a special appearance by Washington Redskins player Brian Orakpo from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.* Orakpo was selected by the Redskins with the thirteenth overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft and has since been making a name for himself as one of the top defensive lineman in the country. In 2009, Orakpo was selected for the 2009 Pro Bowl as a reserve, one of only six rookies to do so and the first rookie Redskin to make the Pro Bowl since Tony Green in 1978.
On Sunday, there will be a Mystery Gift Card Giveaway for the first 100 adults in line, who will receive unmarked DICK'S Sporting Goods gift cards in varying denominations from $5 to $500, with one person winning the $500 card. (Limit one per person and must be 18 years or older.)Throughout the weekend, customers will be able to enter for the chance to win an Epic A35T Treadmill and a Nishiki Kinzua29 Limited Edition bicycle. There will also be opportunities for customers to meet with certified bike and lodge technicians and PGA/LPGA professionals, as well as additional activities throughout the store. More details on all promotions are available at the store location.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV