Verisk Analytics (VRSK) is showing the exact same setup right now, it's just less far along. Like EQR, Verisk is forming a head and shoulders top, in this case with a neckline level at $46 that's being tested today. While the sell signal hasn't triggered yet (VRSK's first close under $46 was yesterday, leaving the pattern unconfirmed), it's close. That makes this stock worth watching very closely for anyone who owns it.
A breakdown below VRSK's neckline gives the stock a likely downside target of $41 before it's able to catch some semblance of support. That leaves a lot of risk on the table for Verisk right now, and reason enough to avoid being a buyer here.Momentum gives us some extra evidence for downside in VRSK. This stock's 14-day RSI has been trending lower since all the way back in February -- but it's only just now starting to move into bearish territory. A confirmed breakdown below $46 would swing RSI to oversold pretty quickly, a switch that statistically makes even more downside likely near-term.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV