MILWAUKEE, Oct. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ManpowerGroup (NYSE: MAN), the world leader in innovative workforce solutions, has been named to Newsweek magazine's 2012 Green Rankings for United States companies, ranking No. 16 among 500 U.S. public companies and No.1 in the professional services category.
ManpowerGroup has been successfully named to the Newsweek ranking — which is a comprehensive annual measurement of the environmental performance of the largest U.S. public companies — for each of the four years the assessment has been carried out. ManpowerGroup moved up 10 places from its 26 th position in 2011, also improving its overall green score to 72.8 from 69.3. This year's rankings were calculated using the same methodology as in 2011, making meaningful year-to-year comparisons possible for the first time.
"ManpowerGroup's operations around the world work to conduct business in a sustainable way. Given the fact we operate in 80 countries, we have the opportunity to scale sustainable initiatives that create a significant cumulative effect," said Jeffrey A. Joerres, ManpowerGroup Chairman and CEO. "Environmentally-friendly methods of conducting business help our organization increase its efficiency, cut costs and better serve our clients."Among the ways ManpowerGroup is striving to reduce its environmental impact around the world:
- In March 2012, ManpowerGroup Germany's new headquarters building was the first German office space to be Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold-certified due to its green construction, energy-efficient lighting, heating and cooling systems, and for reducing water consumption. All branches in Germany use electricity from renewable sources, leading to a reduction of 927,732 kg in CO² emissions
- France, ManpowerGroup's largest single market, has reduced its number of flights from 1337 domestic and 185 international flights in 2008 to 1237 domestic and 171b international flights in 2011. Rail journeys were also reduced from 10,342 in 2008 to 7,532 in 2011
- ManpowerGroup Belgium has been recognized as an "eco-dynamics company" by the Brussels Environment Institution for revisiting all aspects of environmental management (energy, water, air quality, noise, green spaces and purchases of goods and services)
- In the Netherlands, ManpowerGroup purchases only the most energy-efficient cars for its fleet. The average emission for these vehicles is 109 grams/km — almost 20% lower than the benchmark for this market
- Since Right Management, ManpowerGroup's global leader in talent and career management workforce solutions began its Green@Work project three years ago, it has implemented green practices in over 140 offices across 33 countries, equating to almost 2,500 green practices
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV