Stocks Plunge on Earnings Woes, Spain Worries
Whirlpool (WHR) shares gained 8.7% after the appliance maker hiked its full-year outlook amid the recovering housing market and reported third-quarter earnings that beat expectations and sales that roughly met targets.
Coach (COH) shares surged 7.4% after the luxury goods company booked better-than-expected quarterly profit boosted by stronger international sales and approved the buyback of as much as $1.5 billion in stock by June 2015.
Shares of electronics retailer RadioShack ( RSH ) shares wavered early Tuesday, but finished up 7.5% after stumbling on a bigger-than-forecast quarterly loss amid weakening smartphone margins.
2012 Stock Predictions and Outlook
|Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV