Home furnishings retailer West Elm, a member of the Williams-Sonoma, Inc. family of brands (NYSE: WSM), announced today the launch of West Elm Market, offering customers a total home toolkit in four key categories: Kitchen, Garden, Care & Repair and Personal Care. The first store, West Elm Market Brooklyn, will open October 25. A true neighborhood destination, the store will include a café and a common area for community workshops. Eight Market shop-in-shops will follow in West Elm stores across the country in Costa Mesa, Dallas, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Nashville, New York City, Seattle and Toronto this November. The collection will launch on westelm.com on October 23.
Tools to Make Work Wonderful
Celebrating the everyday, West Elm Market will focus on functional design, local production, entrepreneurship, and community connections. “We were inspired by the common sense shopkeeping of the classic general store to develop a collection of genuine and useful household goods that make even the most practical chore a little more enjoyable,” said West Elm president Jim Brett. “The Market store is designed to be a place to gather, learn, and connect.”
“West Elm Market is a natural extension of the West Elm brand,” added Laura Alber, President and Chief Executive Officer of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. “We are thrilled to introduce this new assortment of exclusive, expertly curated products in an innovative community store.”The West Elm Market assortment includes:
- Live plants, herbs, seeds and Brooklyn Blend potting soil from Groundworks Gardens. The company’s founders met at The Horticultural Society of New York and today work with the Brooklyn Botanical Garden.
- West Elm designed brooms and dusters manufactured by New York City Industries for the Blind.
- Brooklyn-based Common Good’s 100% biodegradable and plant-based cleaning products with a West Elm signature sage scent.
- Sam’s Natural handcrafted candles, soaps, and lotions, using ingredients purchased solely from U.S. suppliers.
- Kitchen tools, cookware and an exclusive line of modern enameled cast-iron Dutch ovens and pans.
- A 2.5-quart saucepan from Brooklyn Coppersmiths, where every pot is the work of one coppersmith, one tinsmith and one ironsmith.
- Artisan pantry products chosen to represent the diverse food sheds of the country, with regional collections and themed assortments including “We’re From Brooklyn,” “Southern Comfort,” “Helpful Houseguests” and “Get in the Spirit.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV