BERKELEY HEIGHTS, N.J., Oct. 23, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Authentidate Holding Corp. (Nasdaq:ADAT), a provider of secure web-based software applications and telehealth products and services for healthcare organizations, today announced that the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has successfully completed the test-in phase for Authentidate's Interactive Voice Response (IVR) vital signs monitoring solution and web service for use with the VA's weight management protocol (TeleMOVE). The VA has given its approval for VA facilities throughout the country to order and use the IVR solution for TeleMOVE patients. VA facilities can use the IVR solution on a stand-alone basis or in combination with Authentidate's Electronic House Call™ (EHC) device to help patients that require a flexible, mobile solution to manage their weight according to VA TeleMOVE care program guidelines. The IVR solution provides VA Clinicians with an additional way to remotely monitor their mobile patients and enhance patient care in their national Care Coordination Home Telehealth program. As a new vendor to the VA, Authentidate was required to test its IVR solution in a limited deployment, before a national rollout, to ensure VA implementation criteria was met. A summary of Authentidate's telehealth program status with the VA for its IVR solution is as follows:
- The VA tested the IVR solution using the most current VA approved Disease Management Protocol (DMP) for weight management (TeleMOVE) in a pilot program in several field locations and approved the IVR solution with TeleMOVE for VA field deployment and use in their national telehealth program throughout the United States and its territories.
- Additional DMPs for the IVR solution are currently undergoing pilot testing and are being refined by the VA. These DMPs will be deployed for the VA's national telehealth program as they become available.
- Both the IVR solution and the EHC solution use the same web service and can be used with all the peripherals presently used in the VA telehealth program which allows patients to be monitored using both solutions or to be easily switched between the EHC and the IVR solutions as their conditions or travel requirements change.
Clinicians use the IVR solution to remotely monitor their patients' vital signs and gather qualitative information about their patients' health to supplement in-person visits and help improve patient compliance with their care plans. Clinicians can review their patients' remote monitoring session results securely using Authentidate's web-based application and remotely manage or adjust their patients' care plans, medication reminders and related information. Clinicians can also use the web-based application to provide disease-specific education to their patients in real-time through the IVR solution.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV