- Total direct compensation increased in 2011 to a median value of $220,000, up 5% from $210,266 in 2010. Total compensation includes cash pay and annual or recurring stock awards.
- Equity award values rose to $124,986 in 2011, from $114,728 in 2010, a 9% increase.
- Cash compensation increased by almost 4%, from $89,000 in 2010 to $92,500 last year.
- Pay mix consisted of roughly the same mix of compensation as in 2010. More than half (55%) of director pay came from equity in 2011, while 45% was from cash.
Compensation For Corporate Directors Increased Modestly In 2011, Towers Watson Analysis Finds
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.