- Total direct compensation increased in 2011 to a median value of $220,000, up 5% from $210,266 in 2010. Total compensation includes cash pay and annual or recurring stock awards.
- Equity award values rose to $124,986 in 2011, from $114,728 in 2010, a 9% increase.
- Cash compensation increased by almost 4%, from $89,000 in 2010 to $92,500 last year.
- Pay mix consisted of roughly the same mix of compensation as in 2010. More than half (55%) of director pay came from equity in 2011, while 45% was from cash.
Compensation For Corporate Directors Increased Modestly In 2011, Towers Watson Analysis Finds
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.