OAKLAND, Calif., Oct. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Pandora (NYSE: P), the leading personalized radio service, today announced the return of its annual Halloween-themed genre stations for listeners to make the most of their seasonal celebrations. Whether they're throwing a party, making cupcakes and goodie bags for kids and a family celebration or just enjoying some spooky classical for the commute, Pandora listeners have a delicious assortment of music for Halloween.
This year's stations include Halloween Party http://www.pandora.com/?sc=miG586 which plays the ultimate mix of Halloween classics, Halloween-themed songs, classic Halloween and scary soundtracks, from a range of genres including pop, R&B, alternative, rock and oldies. The station features monster hits such as, "The Monster Mash," "Ghostbusters," "Bela Lugosi's Dead," "Hungry Like the Wolf," "I Put A Spell On You" and "The Time Warp."
For listeners who thrill to scary classical music and horror soundtracks from golden age film archives through present day, Pandora is offering Spooky Symphonies http://www.pandora.com/?sc=miG587 which treats listeners to The Kronos Quartet, Leonard Bernstein and Vienna Philharmonic performing classics from "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" and themes from the films "Psycho," "Beetlejuice," "King Kong" and Bram Stoker's "Dracula".Family Halloween http://www.pandora.com/?sc=miG711 plays a kid-safe selection of Halloween songs that are sure to add fun to any children's party and can even be played from the porch to delight neighborhood trick or treaters! The station features Halloween novelty songs and music from albums geared towards kids, including "The Monster Mash," "The Addams Family" theme and "Ghostbusters" in addition to clean and non-threatening music from The Wiggles, Kidz Bop Kids and Danny Elfman. On Ghostly Grooves http://www.pandora.com/?sc=miG710 Pandora is spinning a supernatural blend of darkwave, witch house and goth music, featuring artists like Bauhaus, Siouxsie & the Banshees, Salem, and LA Vampires. Last year, more than one million listeners tuned into Pandora's Halloween stations. Their Halloween-specific listening accounted for about three percent (3%) of total Pandora listening around the popular holiday. And on October 31 st itself, the number of listeners that tuned into Halloween Party Radio, the station with the ultimate mix of Halloween classics and iconic Halloween hits, surpassed Pandora's most popular genre station, Today's Hit Radio, to become that day's number one station. The eight most 'Thumbed Up' songs of the 2011 Halloween season included three separate renditions of "Monster Mash" (Pandora spins 17 different versions of that Halloween favorite alone!). The full list (in order) included:
- "Monster Mash" by Leonard Capizzi
- "Thriller" by Michael Jackson
- "Ghostbusters" by Ray Parker Jr.
- "Monster Mash" by John Zacherle
- "This is Halloween" by Panic At The Disco
- "Monster Mash" by The Bonzo Dog Band
- "The Munsters" Theme by Los Straitjackets
- "Somebody's Watching Me" by Rockwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV