NGC Software TM today announced that Valley Apparel, a U.S. manufacturer of high-end outerwear for the U.S. military, has gone live with the latest versions of NGC's ERP and Shop Floor Control software.
Valley Apparel, headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee, is a U.S. government contractor that provides rugged, high-end outerwear and tactical gear for the United States Army, Air Force and Navy. A longtime NGC Software customer, Valley Apparel relies on NGC solutions to run its business and manufacturing operations; the company turned to NGC again when it decided to upgrade its ERP and Shop Floor Control systems.
The software brings important new capabilities to Valley Apparel:
- Greater flexibility. The newest version of NGC's ERP gives Valley Apparel the capability to handle larger size scales, room for expanded descriptions of styles and sizes, and faster access to information. The new Shop Floor Control provides additional versatility as well, with improved data management capabilities.
- Enhanced reporting capabilities. Reporting is greatly improved, too, with the ability to handle more standard reports as well as customized reports. "This has helped Valley Apparel use all the data that resides in the system and communicate more effectively, both inside and outside our organization," said Kevin MacLeay, CFO, Valley Apparel LLC. "The reports from ERP and Shop Floor Control looked different before, but they're much more consistent now. They are very similar, so our staff can easily find the information they need."
- A platform for growth. MacLeay noted that NGC's software will provide Valley Apparel with the enterprise systems that the company needs for continued growth. "The systems provide a solid platform for expanding our business," MacLeay said. "We can still continue to grow with the U.S. Government, and we won't be forced to upgrade as we expand into other commercial opportunities."
"This was an exceptionally smooth upgrade process," MacLeay notes. "We had no issues with integration, and everything happened in a very timely manner. This reflects highly on the support staff and technical resources at NGC; their support team did a lot of work in advance of the conversion."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV