Logility Inc., a leading supplier of collaborative solutions to optimize the supply chain, today announced the recipients of the 2012 Logility Leadership Award. This year Craft Brew Alliance, CooperVision, PartyLite, Sonoco Products, and Stanley Black & Decker were recognized at Logility’s Connections 2012 conference for driving excellence in their operations through the use of supply chain software. For photos of the award winners, please visit: www.logility.com/sails.
Logility’s annual award program recognizes a select group of companies who significantly improved their business processes, deployed an innovative solution to address their supply chain challenges, or demonstrated an on-going commitment and leadership role in the expansion of supply chain improvements. Each of this year’s award recipients demonstrated success in building collaboration, efficiency and visibility across their supply chain networks. These efforts resulted in tangible business benefits including inventory reduction, streamlined sales and operations planning (S&OP) process, increased forecast accuracy, improved manufacturing planning, reduced transportation costs, and higher customer service levels through the innovative use of supply chain management software.
Examples of the winners’ achievements in operational performance include:
- Craft Brew Alliance, one of America’s first craft breweries, was hampered by a lack of visibility into forecasts, capacity, inventory, and transportation which increased costs and created a barrier to the company’s growth goals. The supply chain team set out to build an integrated platform for Craft Brew Alliance (CBA) to decrease costs, improve efficiency and scale to support significant growth. Craft Brew Alliance transitioned from a DC-driven distribution network of 10 regional centers to a direct ship model to more than 500 wholesalers. Following the rollout of Logility Voyager Solutions, CBA was able to improve service levels to a consistent 98 percent, significantly increase inventory turns and transition to a customer distribution network with 50 times the complexity.
- CooperVision, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of contact lenses, has seen dramatic growth over the past several years through both organic initiatives and acquisitions. As the company grew, its product portfolio became more complex with over one million SKUs. The supply chain organization set out to create a more efficient global supply chain to drive a trusted demand plan, improve customer service, and synchronize inventory with demand. With Logility Voyager Solutions, a detailed forecast analysis at the item level as well as aggregate views now provides the supply chain team with both a reliable process and a significantly more accurate forecast at the item level. CooperVision can determine manufacturing frequency, impact on inventory turns and reduce inventory obsolescence. This visibility has helped CooperVision make better decisions about production assignments and inventory policies.
- PartyLite, a worldwide manufacturer and distributor of scented and unscented candles, bath products and decorative accessories for the home, relied on non-integrated, manual tools to generate its worldwide demand plan for its highly promotional business. This created higher than ideal inventory, lower than desired service levels, and a higher percentage of expedited and obsolete inventory. PartyLite set out to generate a worldwide demand plan that could be reconciled against a country, and market forecast and financial plan, and support dramatically lower supply chain working capital and inventory expense. The company also set a goal to achieve its return on investment (ROI) in less than one year. Following its deployment of Logility Voyager Solutions, PartyLite achieved a 30 percent reduction in air freight costs, reduced active finished goods inventory by 34 percent and excess and obsolete inventory 47 percent, and increased inventory turns on active inventory 94 percent. In addition, PartyLite realized its ROI several months ahead of target.
- Sonoco Products, a global provider of packaging products and services, needed to improve service levels, reduce inventory, increase forecast accuracy, and support future growth. The company instituted a formal sales and operations planning (S&OP) process. Initially, preparing the data for the S&OP process required significant manual effort and supported a very limited planning horizon for future visibility of demand and supply. Following the deployment of Logility Voyager Solutions, Sonoco Products reduced its forecasting process effort 80-90 percent at the high level giving key deployment resources the ability to drill down into more detailed forecasts and the overall S&OP process. Sonoco Products has blended the use of forecast based supply chain practices with demand pull processes to create more agile supply chains allowing for collaborative demand management, a sales & operations planning process, and a LEAN transformation and cash/cost optimization of the supply chain. With increased visibility and more comprehensive statistical analysis, Sonoco Products has reduced total forecast error by an impressive 50 percent, and has tangibly improved its inventory position.
- Stanley Black & Decker, a global manufacturer and marketer of quality power tools, hand tools, and accessories, embarked on a global initiative to implement multi-echelon inventory optimization to help improve fill rates and lower working capital. As the inventory optimization process matured, Stanley Black & Decker was able to move beyond balancing inventory investment to provide recommendations for what will help stakeholders meet Stanley Black & Decker’s needs and, in parallel, help Stanley Black & Decker determine where to focus its LEAN resources internally and in the extended supply base. Logility Voyager Inventory Optimization is being used to help assess strategic projects like manufacturing and distribution footprint changes, testing the impact of best practices on inventory planning, support of minimum order quantity and lead time reduction efforts, and evaluate customer-driven changes to distribution or terms. Stanley Black & Decker has seen tangible benefits in each phase of its inventory optimization evolution. For example, the company was able to reduce targeted finished goods days of stock from one of its largest manufacturing plants by 25 percent and reduce the amount of raw materials and components in the same plant by 17 percent with no adverse impact to customer service levels.
“We are honored to recognize Logility customers for the impressive supply chain successes they have achieved through the use of Logility Voyager Solutions,” said Mike Edenfield, president and CEO of Logility. “We congratulate each leadership award recipient and celebrate their continued success. We look forward to working with them to support their ongoing initiatives by continuing to offer innovative supply chain software solutions that enable their long-term success and tangible ROI.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.