SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Atmel ® Corporation (NASDAQ: ATML), a leader in microcontroller and touch technology solutions, today announced Samsung has selected the maXTouch® mXT1664S touchscreen controller to power Samsung's new Smart PC and Smart PC Pro. Designed for Windows® 8, Samsung's new Smart PCs can be easily transformed from a traditional clamshell PC to a convertible PC with detachable keyboard-docking system.
Samsung's Smart PCs leverage Atmel's high-performance single-chip mXT1664S touchscreen controller to provide users an optimal touch experience on an 11.6-inch screen. With maXTouch controllers, users experience superior touch responsiveness, better device power consumption, brighter displays and better operation with noisy chargers.
Key features of the new Smart PCs powered by Atmel include:
- Samsung's Smart PC runs on Intel's next-generation Atom processor, and includes a 1,366 x 768 pixel touchscreen powered by Atmel's mXT1664S device, 2GB of RAM, 128GB eMMC maximum and Gigabit Ethernet with an adapter and Bluetooth 4.0.
- Designed for the power user, Samsung's Smart PC Pro runs on Intel's third-generation i5 processor, and includes a higher 1,920 x 1,080 pixel touchscreen powered by Atmel's mXT1664S device, 4GB of RAM, max. 256GB SSD, Gigabit Ethernet with an adapter and Bluetooth 4.0.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV