SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Atmel ® Corporation (NASDAQ: ATML), a leader in microcontroller and touch technology solutions, today announced Samsung has selected the maXTouch® mXT1664S touchscreen controller to power Samsung's new Smart PC and Smart PC Pro. Designed for Windows® 8, Samsung's new Smart PCs can be easily transformed from a traditional clamshell PC to a convertible PC with detachable keyboard-docking system.
Samsung's Smart PCs leverage Atmel's high-performance single-chip mXT1664S touchscreen controller to provide users an optimal touch experience on an 11.6-inch screen. With maXTouch controllers, users experience superior touch responsiveness, better device power consumption, brighter displays and better operation with noisy chargers.
Key features of the new Smart PCs powered by Atmel include:
- Samsung's Smart PC runs on Intel's next-generation Atom processor, and includes a 1,366 x 768 pixel touchscreen powered by Atmel's mXT1664S device, 2GB of RAM, 128GB eMMC maximum and Gigabit Ethernet with an adapter and Bluetooth 4.0.
- Designed for the power user, Samsung's Smart PC Pro runs on Intel's third-generation i5 processor, and includes a higher 1,920 x 1,080 pixel touchscreen powered by Atmel's mXT1664S device, 4GB of RAM, max. 256GB SSD, Gigabit Ethernet with an adapter and Bluetooth 4.0.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV