CN names Janet Drysdale as successor
MONTREAL, Oct. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - CN (TSX: CNR) (NYSE: CNI) announced today that Robert Noorigian, vice-president, Investor Relations, will retire at the end of this year.
Claude Mongeau, CN president and chief executive officer, said: "Bob was hired by Paul Tellier in 1996 when CN's remarkable business transformation to today's rail industry leader was entering high gear.
"Bob has been a trusted partner and advisor to CN leaders since then and to me personally throughout my entire career at CN. He has provided CN valuable guidance regarding our position in international equity markets and deftly managed CN's relationship with investors. This contribution is underscored by his numerous awards for Best Overall Investor Relations and Best Investor Relations Officer in U.S. and Canadian markets. All of us at CN wish Bob a fulfilling retirement."Prior to joining CN, Noorigian was director of investor relations at Southern Pacific Railway, and formerly held a similar position with Union Pacific Corporation. He also held various positions in finance and economics with a number of major U.S. corporations. Mongeau announced that Janet Drysdale, 40, most recently director, Economics and Strategy for CN, will succeed Noorigian as vice-president, Investor Relations, effective Dec. 1, 2012. Drysdale joined CN in 1996, assuming positions of increasing responsibility in Sales and Marketing and in Financial Planning. She also worked with Noorigian as senior investor relations manager for almost four years. Drysdale holds an Honours Bachelor of Science degree from Queen's University in Kingston, Ont., and a Masters of Business Administration from McGill University in Montreal. Mongeau said: "Janet is well prepared for her new role at CN with a strong track-record in financial and marketing positions, and I look forward to her joining our Leadership Team."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV