Highly Integrated R 2Couplers Provide Safe Isolation With Improved Power Efficiency and Reduced Power Loss for Electric and Hybrid/Electric Auto Applications
SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 23, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avago Technologies (Nasdaq:AVGO), a leading supplier of analog interface components for wireless, wireline, and industrial applications, today announced the addition of three new isolation optocouplers to their R 2Coupler family. These new automotive optocouplers provide safe isolation for electric vehicle (EV) and hybrid/electric vehicle (HEV) applications such as onboard charging systems and powertrain inverters in these vehicles while extending the working voltage range of existing R 2Couplers optocouplers.
These new devices provide high integration of functions in modules, isolated smart gate drives, analog sensing and digital communications. Powertrain inverters, onboard chargers and DC-DC converters draw on gate drives for driving power devices like MOSFETs and IGBTs. They need isolation amplifiers to sense high voltage bus levels and digital isolation to communicate status and feedback information from the high voltage side of the optocoupler to the microprocessor on the low voltage side."With industry trends targeting higher continuous isolation working voltage levels and higher levels of integration, our new optocouplers show our knowledge and commitment to these trends," said Cheng-Dee Lee, Business and Applications Development Director for Isolation Products at Avago. "By expanding our portfolio with enhanced feature sets and addressing isolation needs across markets, OEMs can easily balance their flexible design requirements. This allows them to meet the continual component challenge of integration that in turn reduces module size and volume of their end products."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV