Aruba Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:ARUN) today announced that it is partnering with YinzCam, a Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, developer of mobile sports applications, to deliver an enhanced wireless stadium experience for the fans. With the combination of Aruba’s high-density, application-aware wireless LAN (WLAN) solution and YinzCam’s leading mobile sports applications, venue owners and their service provider partners can easily and cost-effectively give fans access to value-added applications like HD video instant replay, live camera angles, in-seat food and beverage ordering, contests, game statistics, fan-loyalty programs and exclusive entertainment.
An increasing number of spectators at stadiums, auditoriums and other large public venues (LPVs) are using mobile devices to upload videos, share photos, check messages and connect via social media. However, today’s cellular networks are unable to handle the capacity required for these bandwidth-intensive applications in such high-density environments. Although some venues have deployed Wi-Fi, many of these networks cannot adequately scale to cover the increasing number of mobile devices trying to connect. Sports teams and venue owners are quickly recognizing the need to deploy faster, more reliable wireless connectivity that can give their users access to the applications they already use, as well as new applications that improve the fan experience.
The Aruba and YinzCam collaboration addresses these needs with a comprehensive stadium Wi-Fi solution that pairs Aruba’s industry-leading WLAN solution with YinzCam’s innovative mobile applications. The joint solution integrates YinzCam’s video servers with Aruba’s unique user-based quality of service (QoS) mechanisms, delivering the following benefits:
- High-density and application-aware Wi-Fi access for fast, jitter-free, uniformly distributed video replay to fans’ Wi-Fi-enabled smartphones inside the venue
- QoS across all seats, suites and luxury boxes, even in the largest venues
- Differentiated service and application delivery based on identity, loyalty status, location, event and date
- Network security to protect fans, team reputation and venue infrastructure
United Center in Chicago, Illinois, is one of the stadiums benefiting from the joint Aruba and YinzCam solution. The 960,000 square foot United Center is home to the Chicago Bulls and Blackhawks and is one of the top three largest and busiest multi-purpose arenas in North America.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV