Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ: VTSS), a leading provider of advanced IC solutions for Carrier and Enterprise networks, has expanded its Serval™ Carrier Ethernet switch engine portfolio with the six-port Serval Lite ( VSC7416). Serval Lite integrates Vitesse’s IEEE1588v2 VeriTime™ technology, already adopted by customers comprising 60% market share in microwave backhaul and 75% market share in millimeter-wave backhaul. This latest Serval device is optimized for small cell applications, delivering rich Carrier Ethernet features at 75% lower power and 50% lower BOM cost than competitive options.
Market analysts project an estimated 64.2M small cell base stations in use by 2016, with the microwave small cell backhaul equipment market alone growing to $6.4B by 2017.
“Carriers are planning and moving to increase 3G/4G/LTE coverage and capacity by deploying small cells, which will play an increasingly critical role in mobile networks,” stated Michael Howard, principal analyst at Infonetics Research. “The new networking and connectivity requirements of a large number of small cells pose a major technical challenge for small cell backhaul. And yet there is more difficulty added by the size, power, and cost constraints of small cell equipment. Vitesse has created new options for 3G/4G/LTE small cells with its latest Ethernet-optimized Serval device with state-of-the-art packet timing technology.”“Serval Lite enables the cost and power-efficient deployment of small cell base stations backhauling to an all-IP backbone,” said Uday Mudoi, product marketing director at Vitesse. “Vitesse VeriTime solutions are the clear choice for OEMs looking to meet power budget requirements and the level of features demanded by carriers for network access and mobile backhaul.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV