SAO PAULO, Oct. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Itau Unibanco Holding S.A. ("ITAU"), through BIU Participacoes ("BIU"), announces the signing of a Share Purchase Agreement with Experian Brasil Ltda. ("EXPERIAN"), through which ITAÚ undertakes to sell to EXPERIAN its total interest in Serasa S.A. ("SERASA").
EXPERIAN shall pay R$ 1.7 billion to ITAU, in cash, for 601,403 SERASA's shares, representing 16.14% of the company's capital. The settlement of this transaction will occur after certain conditions of the contract are satisfied:
- obtainment of necessary regulatory and governmental authorizations, and
- the approval of the transaction by the shareholders of Experian PLC, EXPERIAN's parent company.
The result before taxes of ITAU, arising from this sale, is estimated at R$ 1.5 billion in the fourth quarter of 2012.
ITAU had the financial advisory of Itau BBA S.A.This transaction is consistent with ITAU's capital allocation to typical banking business, which creates shareholder value. Sao Paulo (SP), October 23, 2012. ALFREDO EGYDIO SETUBAL Investor Relations Officer Itau Unibanco Holding S.A.CNPJ 60.872.504/0001-23A Publicly Listed Company (BM&FBovespa: ITUB4 e ITUB3) (NYSE: ITUB)NIRE 35300010230 Contact: Geraldo Soares+55-11-2794-3547 SOURCE Itau Unibanco Holding S.A.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV