NEW YORK -- Facebook (FB), the social networking giant, posted third-quarter earnings that slightly beat Wall Street estimates and indicated it is making solid progress on a strategy to profitably transition users to mobile devices.
AT&T (T) is scheduled to report its third-quarter results before Wednesday's opening bell and analysts expect earnings of 60 cents a share in the September-ended period on revenue of $31.58 billion.Shares of the telecommunications company are up more than 15% so far in 2012, despite earnings and revenue remaining relatively flat throughout the year.
Aerospace giant Boeing (BA) is expected Wednesday to post third-quarter earnings of $1.13 a share on revenue of $20.03 billion
Other companies on Wednesday's earnings docket include Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Delta Air Lines (DAL), Eli Lilly (LLY), EMC Corp. (EMC), Kimberly-Clark (KMB), US Airways (LCC) and Zynga (ZNGA).
Netflix (NFLX), the streaming content and DVD rental company, said Tuesday it expects to increase its U.S. streaming subscriber base to a range of 26.4 million to 27.1 million in the fourth quarter, implying potential growth of 5.2% to 8% from its current base of 25.1 million, which came in at the low end of its outlook of 24.9 million to 25.7 million. Buffalo Wild Wings, Facebook: After-Hours Trading
Gilead Sciences (GILD) raised product sales guidance Tuesday for the rest of 2012 and said demand was high for a new HIV medicine launched just two months ago. Earnings in the third quarter also topped Wall Street expectations. Gilead Raises Sales Guidance, Talks Up Strong HIV Drug Launch
SiriusXM Radio (SIRI) said Tuesday that CEO Mel Karmazin plans to step down in February 2013.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV