The Company’s repositioning actions are primarily focused on its European Fluid Handling operations, to reduce costs through headcount reductions and process improvements, principally at its Krombach operations in Kreuztal, Germany. In addition, as part of a continuing cost reduction strategy, certain manufacturing operations are being transferred from facilities in Germany to Company facilities in lower cost regions. Repositioning costs of $0.2 million on a pre-tax basis were recorded in the third quarter of 2012.
|(dollars in millions)||2012||2011|
Third quarter 2012 sales from continuing operations of $22.1 million decreased 7%. Operating profit decreased 25%, reflecting deleverage of the lower sales volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV