|(dollars in millions)||2012||2011|
|Operating Profit, before Special Items*||$43.1||$39.9||$3.2||8%|
|Profit Margin, before Special Items*||14.2%||13.3%|
|* Repositioning charges primarily associated with transferring production to lower cost Company facilities.|
Third quarter 2012 sales increased $4 million, or 1%, including a core sales increase of $15 million (5%), partially offset by unfavorable foreign currency translation of $11 million (-4%). Before Special Items, operating profit increased to $43.1 million and operating margin increased from 13.3% to 14.2%, reflecting better project execution, price increases, and improved productivity. Backlog was $331 million at September 30, 2012, compared to $335 million at June 30, 2012 and $314 million at December 31, 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV