All comparisons detailed in this section refer to continuing operations for the third quarter 2012 versus the third quarter 2011.
Aerospace & Electronics
|(dollars in millions)||2012||2011|
Third quarter 2012 sales were similar to year ago levels, reflecting flat Aerospace Group sales and a slight decline in Electronics Group revenue. Within the Aerospace Group, both OEM and aftermarket sales were approximately equal to the prior year. Segment operating profit of $39.8 million increased by $4.2 million, or 12%, primarily reflecting lower engineering spending, and operating margin improved to 23.2%.Aerospace & Electronics order backlog was $393 million at September 30, 2012, as compared to $423 million at June 30, 2012 and $411 million at December 31, 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV