Fluor Corporation (NYSE: FLR) announced today that two of the company’s road projects in North America were recently recognized by Roads & Bridges magazine’s Top 10 Roads List. The two projects are: the I-15 Corridor Expansion (CORE) project near Provo, Utah; and the western extension of the SH 161 President George Bush Turnpike in the Dallas/Fort Worth region. This year marks the first time that Fluor has had two projects on the Top 10 list.
“At Fluor, we always strive to provide value for our customers and that means delivering our projects on time and on budget,” said Herb Morgan, senior vice president of Fluor and head of the Infrastructure business line. “We are truly proud to be honored with two of the ten projects that were recognized by Roads & Bridges this year.”
Provo River Constructors is a Fluor-led joint venture on the I-15 CORE project that includes Ames Construction, Inc, Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction Company and Wadsworth Brothers Construction. As managing partner, Fluor has been responsible for all aspects of construction including roadway, drainage and bridge construction. The key components of I-15 CORE project in Utah include:
- being largest highway expansion project in Utah history;
- building, modifying or reconstructing 10 freeway interchanges and 63 bridges;
- constructing and moving four bridges using accelerated bridge construction techniques;
- achieving more than 1 million work hours without a recordable incident; and
- opening the first five miles of the project weeks ahead of schedule and currently projecting to open the remaining 20 miles a month ahead of schedule.
Prairie Link Constructors is the team currently working on the SH 161 project in the greater DFW region. It is a 60:40 percent joint venture led by Fluor with Balfour Beatty Infrastructure Inc. The key components of SH 161 President George Bush Turnpike project include:
- adding a five-level interchange with five direct connector ramps being elevated; and three direct connector ramps being depressed;
- adding 45 bridges;
- constructing nearly 1 million square feet of retaining wall;
- achieving more than 3 million work hours to date without a lost time incident; and
- currently being on-budget and on-schedule with the majority of the system projected to be open in the fourth quarter of 2012.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts