By The Associated Press(equals)
The Dow Jones industrial average inched up 2.38 points, or 0.02 percent, to close at 13,345.89. The Standard & Poor's 500 edged up 0.63 point to 1,433.82. The Nasdaq composite index rose 11.33 to 3,016.96.
Benchmark oil fell $1.32, or 1.5 percent, to finish at $88.73 in New York. In London, Brent crude fell 70 cents to end at $109.44.Heating oil fell 5.78 cents to finish at $3.0767 per gallon. Wholesale gasoline fell 4.88 cents to end at $2.6475 per gallon. Natural gas fell 16.5 cents to finish at $3.452 per 1,000 cubic feet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV