In the third quarter, Rush's Class 8 unit sales, which accounted for 4.7% of the U.S. market, decreased by 8% over the same time period in 2011, and 19% as compared to the second quarter of 2012. "As anticipated, reduced order intake over the past several months and general economic and political uncertainty resulted in decreased Class 8 truck deliveries this quarter. Despite year-end tax incentives and EPA regulations that will increase the cost of trucks next year, we expect that Class 8 truck deliveries could decrease sequentially by up to 10% during the fourth quarter," Rusty Rush cautioned.
Industry experts forecast 2013 U. S. Class 8 retail sales to be 207,500 units, a slight increase from 2012 expectations. "While it is difficult to predict next year's climate until after November, we believe that order intake will increase during the latter part of this year, but that activity would not result in an increase in our Class 8 truck deliveries until at least the second quarter of next year," Rusty Rush explained. Industry experts also forecast U. S. medium-duty truck sales to reach 163,000 units in 2012 and 186,000 units in 2013.
In the third quarter, the Company's gross revenues totaled $745.1 million, a 7% increase from gross revenues of $696.4 million reported for the third quarter ended September 30, 2011.Parts, service and body shop sales revenue was $210.7 million in the third quarter of 2012, compared to $182.6 million in the third quarter of 2011. The Company delivered 2,272 new heavy-duty trucks, 1,650 new medium-duty commercial vehicles, 363 new light-duty commercial vehicles and 1,211 used commercial vehicles during the third quarter of 2012, compared to 2,472 new heavy-duty trucks, 1,427 new medium-duty commercial vehicles, 301 new light-duty commercial vehicles and 1,170 used commercial vehicles during the third quarter of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV