Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
Cramer said the roller-coaster action investors are seeing in some stocks has nothing to do with a company's revenue or earnings, but rather with the expectations management has set going into the quarter.Case in point: Caterpillar (CAT), a stock Cramer has been buying up for his charitable trust,
Executive DecisionIn the "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer spoke with Scott Wine, CEO of Polaris Industries (PII), makers of snowmobiles, off-road vehicles and motorcycles. Polaris delivered a 13-cents-a-share earnings beat on a strong 20% rise in revenue. Shares of Polaris are up 32% since Cramer first featured the company in January. Wines said that Polaris relies on a strong economy to perform well, which is why he's closely watching the U.S. election for clarity on the "fiscal cliff," rising taxes and above all, increased regulations. He said with major changes in any of those areas Polaris may have difficulty delivering the strong results it has been seeing. Beyond politics, Wine credited innovation for Polaris' strong results. He said the company spends 4% of revenue on innovation, which has yielded a strong pipeline of new products that customers really enjoy. Wine said whether it's a vehicle for recreation or a utility vehicle for a home, farm or business, Polaris simply has the vehicle to meet customers' needs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV