WILMINGTON, Del., Oct. 22, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- WSFS Financial Corporation (Nasdaq:WSFS), the parent company of WSFS Bank, today announced it will be partnering with the Sunday Breakfast Mission for the 2012 Great Thanksgiving Food Drive. A sponsor since 2003, WSFS Bank will be collecting non-perishable goods at all of its branch locations throughout New Castle, Kent and Sussex counties in Delaware, as well as eight locations in Southeastern Pennsylvania from October 22 to December 8, 2012.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=15352
"Making a visible impact in the lives of others is the primary goal of our community efforts at WSFS Bank," said Mark A. Turner, WSFS President and CEO, during a kick-off event at the WSFS Bank Center today. "We are honored to help the Sunday Breakfast Mission's Great Thanksgiving Food Drive to collect donations for the underserved and homeless of our community, helping to provide thousands of nutritious meals."Last year, WSFS Bank helped collect over 45 tons of food; the 2012 goal is 60 tons. Community members are encouraged to stop by their local WSFS branch and donate non-perishable goods such as baby food, canned soup, canned vegetables, boxed cereal, as well as canned cranberry sauce, boxed stuffing, gravy mix and other Thanksgiving fixings. As it only takes $1.92 to provide one meal for one hungry person, the Sunday Breakfast Mission will also accept cash donations to help thousands of homeless men, women and children in the region during the holiday season.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV