- Sonus designated as a market “Leader” in Gartner Magic Quadrant for SBCs
- Company recognized for its completeness of vision and ability to execute
Sonus ® Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in SIP communications, today announced that it has been positioned by Gartner, Inc., who is the world’s leading information technology and advisory company, in the “Leaders” quadrant of the “Magic Quadrant for Session Border Controllers,” published October 9, 2012.
Sonus Session Border Controllers (SBCs) deliver secure SIP-based communications, enabling service providers and Enterprises to enable the scalable deployment of new SIP enabled UC applications.
The Sonus portfolio provides the industry’s only end-to-end SBC solution delivering SIP-enabled applications from the central office to the branch office. SBCs are the critical access technology to enable customers to unify disparate UC architectures across an enterprise.Quote: “We are very proud of Sonus’ ‘Leadership’ designation and consider our positioning in the magic quadrant by Gartner as confirmation of our mission to enable Cloud-based Unified Communications that help businesses communicate faster, smarter and more collaboratively,” said Ray Dolan, president and CEO of Sonus. “Our focused execution on SIP-based solutions has further enhanced our market position, resulting in the industry’s fastest growing and broadest portfolio of certified Microsoft Lync Session Border Controllers.” Other Facts:
- This Magic Quadrant focuses on incumbent SBC vendors and those that have developed competing products for communications service providers in the past two years.
- The Sonus SBC 5200 is specifically designed for high-capacity environments demanded by large service providers. The Sonus SBC 5200 supports 64,000 sessions on a single server, more than twice the capacity of a similar product from the leading SBC competitor.
- The Sonus SBC 5100 targets the 250 to 10,000 session market; ideal for tier two/three service providers and large enterprises.
- The Sonus SBC 1000 and the Sonus SBC 2000 are designed for small office and branch office applications.
- The Sonus SBC 1000, Sonus SBC 2000, Sonus SBC 5100 and Sonus SBC 5200 are all Miercom Performance Verified.
- Sonus recently announced the first-editions of “SIP Trunking for Dummies,” “Session Management for Dummies” and “Session Border Controllers for Dummies” in partnership with John Wiley & Sons, Inc. To download the ebooks, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV