HealthStream, Inc. (NASDAQ: HSTM), a leading provider of learning and research solutions for the healthcare industry, announced today results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012.
- Revenues of $26.4 million in the third quarter of 2012, up 28% from revenues of $20.6 million in the third quarter of 2011
- Operating income of $3.7 million in the third quarter of 2012, up 39% from operating income of $2.7 million in the third quarter of 2011
- Net income of $2.0 million in the third quarter of 2012, up 10% from net income of $1.8 million in the third quarter of 2011, and earnings per share (EPS) of $0.07 per share in the third quarter of 2012, compared to EPS of $0.08 per share in the third quarter of 2011
- Adjusted EBITDA 1 of $5.7 million in the third quarter of 2012, up 30% from $4.4 million in the third quarter of 2011
- Acquired Sy.Med Development, Inc. on October 19, 2012
Financial Results: Third Quarter 2012 Compared to Third Quarter 2011
Revenues for the third quarter of 2012 increased $5.8 million, or 28 percent, to $26.4 million, compared to $20.6 million for the third quarter of 2011.Revenues from HealthStream Learning increased by $5.5 million, or 37 percent, when compared to the third quarter of 2011. Revenues from our Internet-based subscription products increased by approximately $4.9 million, or 35 percent, over the prior year third quarter due to a higher number of subscribers and more courseware consumption by subscribers. Revenues from project-based services increased $503,000 over the prior year third quarter. Revenues from SimVentures, our collaborative arrangement with Laerdal Medical A/S, increased to $419,000, a $98,000 increase over the prior year third quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV