BOSTON, Oct. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FFCM, LLC announced today that the Board of Trustees of FQF Trust authorized the orderly termination and liquidation three of the QuantShares ETFs (the "Liquidating Funds"). The Liquidating Funds are listed below:
QuantShares U.S. Market Neutral High Beta Fund (BTAH)QuantShares U.S. Market Neutral Anti-Momentum Fund (NOMO)QuantShares U.S. Market Neutral Quality Fund (QLT)
While FFCM originally believed the demand would be larger for these Liquidating Funds at the time of launch, FFCM has now refined those views based on, among other things, limited evidence of institutional demand for their shares. As a result of lower than anticipated levels of institutional and retail demand, the trading volume in their shares has been less than expected. As a result, liquidity in such shares has lagged, and FFCM believes that closing the Liquidating Funds and liquidating their portfolios is in the best interest of shareholders.
FFCM still believes in the role that the 4 other Existing Funds can play in an investor's investment portfolio. Accordingly, FFCM will continue to offer these Existing Funds to investors who have asset allocation and hedging needs that make the funds appropriate investments for them. In addition, FFCM has filed a registration statement with the SEC to launch 6 additional Funds due to investor demand. These funds* include:
QuantShares U.S. High Quality FundQuantShares U.S. High Dividend Absolute Return FundQuantShares U.S. High Momentum FundQuantShares U.S. Low Beta Absolute Return FundQuantShares U.S. Low Beta FundQuantShares U.S. Relative Value Fund
Regarding the closing funds, the following sequence of events will occur:
- The last day of trading of the Liquidating Funds' shares on the NYSE Arca, Inc. will be November 2, 2012
- Full liquidation of the Funds is intended to be complete by November 19, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV