LAFAYETTE, La., Oct. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Stone Energy Corporation (NYSE: SGY) (" Stone") today announced it has commenced a cash tender offer and consent solicitation with respect to any and all of the $200,000,000 aggregate outstanding principal amount of its 6¾% Senior Subordinated Notes due 2014 (the " Notes"). In conjunction with the tender offer, Stone is soliciting noteholder consents to effect certain amendments to the indenture governing the Notes.
Stone will pay the purchase price for Notes validly tendered and accepted for purchase, as well as accrued and unpaid interest up to, but not including, the applicable payment date. The tender offer is scheduled to expire at 11:59 p.m., New York City time, on November 20, 2012, unless such date is extended by Stone or earlier terminated (the " Expiration Time"). Noteholders who provide consents to the proposed amendments will receive a consent payment per $1,000 principal amount of Notes tendered and accepted for purchase pursuant to the offer, if they provide their consents prior to 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on November 5, 2012, unless such date is extended by Stone (the " Consent Expiration"). The total consideration to be paid for each $1,000 principal amount of the Notes validly tendered and not validly withdrawn before the Consent Expiration will be $1,005.00, which includes a consent payment of $30.00 per $1,000 principal amount of the Notes, plus accrued and unpaid interest up to the date of payment for such Notes. Noteholders tendering after the Consent Expiration and prior to the Expiration Time will be eligible to receive only $975.00 per $1,000 principal amount of Notes that are validly tendered and not validly withdrawn, plus accrued and unpaid interest up to the date of payment for such Notes.
Stone's obligations to accept for purchase and to pay for Notes in the tender offer are conditioned on, among other things, the following:
- The tender of Notes representing at least a majority of the principal amount of Notes outstanding, which is necessary to execute the supplemental indenture that will effect the proposed amendments to the indenture governing the Notes; and
- Stone's having completed a capital markets transaction with gross proceeds to it of at least $225.0 million, on terms acceptable to it.
Stone has retained BofA Merrill Lynch to serve as the Dealer Manager and Solicitation Agent for the tender offer and the consent solicitation. Requests for documents may be directed to D.F. King & Co., Inc., the Information Agent, at (800) 269-6427. Questions regarding the tender offer and consent solicitation may be directed to BofA Merrill Lynch at (888) 292-0070 (toll free) or (980) 387-3907 (collect).This press release is not an offer to purchase, a solicitation of an offer to sell or a solicitation of consents with respect to any securities. The tender offer and consent solicitation is being made solely by the Offer to Purchase and Consent Solicitation Statement dated October 22, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV