BEIJING and DALLAS, Oct. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- NQ Mobile™ (NYSE: NQ), a leading global provider of mobile Internet services focusing on security, privacy and productivity, today is pleased to announce that NQ Mobile Security was selected as a top 20 app at the Global Mobile Internet Conference Silicon Valley (GMIC SV) 2012. In addition, NQ Mobile Vault for Android was selected as a top 100 app. NQ Mobile Vault is a privacy app that allows consumers to password protect and encrypt photos and videos on their smartphones. The GMIC SV's AppAttack is a global competition for the latest and greatest mobile apps.
NQ Mobile's flagship application, NQ Mobile Security detects and deletes viruses, malicious URLs, and other threats before a user even knows they exist. To reach the top 20, NQ Mobile Security first competed in an online contest for top 100 status. The on-site judging committee then awarded NQ Mobile Security as the only security app in the top 20.
The event drew an audience of approximately 5,000 executives, entrepreneurs and investors from the world of mobile innovation to explore the shifts, challenges and opportunities for growth in this fast growing market."As a leading global provider of mobile security solutions, we are honored that the GMIC has chosen NQ Mobile Security as one of the world's top 20 mobile apps during the AppAttack competition," said Gavin Kim, Chief Product Officer, NQ Mobile. "NQ Mobile Security provides a comprehensive, unparalleled safety and security solution for consumers to protect their mobile devices anytime, anywhere. We continue to innovate in the mobile security space by developing cutting edge mobile applications that deliver peace of mind for consumers, as mobile devices continue to increase in popularity and replace other connected devices." With newly enhanced features including GPS-based anti-loss/theft feature, backup and restore tools for contacts, complete privacy protection, traffic monitoring, and more, NQ Mobile Security offers the following features:
- Award-Winning Mobile Security: Fights malware, spyware, phishing, viruses, hacking and more.
- Privacy Protection: Protects the data stored on your phone, ensuring that your social networking, email, and financial accounts can't be hacked and your personal calls can't be recorded.
- Anti-Theft/Anti-Loss: Remotely locates, locks, or deletes information from a lost or stolen mobile device, and sounds an alarm to help you find it.
- Backup and Restore: Safely and seamlessly stores your contacts so you can easily access them from any Web browser.
- System Optimization: Provides control over running apps and power consumption.
- Traffic Monitoring: Provides real-time updates on data usage and caps on maximum data usage.
- Anti-eavesdropping protection: With Anti-eavesdropping, users can be sure their calls are not being recorded by third party apps or viruses.
- Financial security protection: When users access financial websites via their system browser or start e-bank/securities apps, NQ Mobile Security V6.0 automatically scans all running apps to determine if any active apps pose a security risk.
- Activation via in app purchase or retail card: Users can upgrade their protection level through either in app purchase or via a retail card upgrade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV