Oct. 22, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- NQ Mobile™ (NYSE: NQ), a leading global provider of mobile Internet services focusing on security, privacy and productivity, today is pleased to announce that NQ Mobile Security was selected as a top 20 app at the Global Mobile Internet Conference Silicon Valley (GMIC SV) 2012. In addition, NQ Mobile Vault for Android was selected as a top 100 app. NQ Mobile Vault is a privacy app that allows consumers to password protect and encrypt photos and videos on their smartphones. The GMIC SV's AppAttack is a global competition for the latest and greatest mobile apps.
NQ Mobile's flagship application, NQ Mobile Security detects and deletes viruses, malicious URLs, and other threats before a user even knows they exist. To reach the top 20, NQ Mobile Security first competed in an online contest for top 100 status. The on-site judging committee then awarded NQ Mobile Security as the only security app in the top 20.
The event drew an audience of approximately 5,000 executives, entrepreneurs and investors from the world of mobile innovation to explore the shifts, challenges and opportunities for growth in this fast growing market.
"As a leading global provider of mobile security solutions, we are honored that the GMIC has chosen NQ Mobile Security as one of the world's top 20 mobile apps during the AppAttack competition," said
, Chief Product Officer, NQ Mobile. "NQ Mobile Security provides a comprehensive, unparalleled safety and security solution for consumers to protect their mobile devices anytime, anywhere. We continue to innovate in the mobile security space by developing cutting edge mobile applications that deliver peace of mind for consumers, as mobile devices continue to increase in popularity and replace other connected devices."
With newly enhanced features including GPS-based anti-loss/theft feature, backup and restore tools for contacts, complete privacy protection, traffic monitoring, and more, NQ Mobile Security offers the following features:
- Award-Winning Mobile Security: Fights malware, spyware, phishing, viruses, hacking and more.
- Privacy Protection: Protects the data stored on your phone, ensuring that your social networking, email, and financial accounts can't be hacked and your personal calls can't be recorded.
- Anti-Theft/Anti-Loss: Remotely locates, locks, or deletes information from a lost or stolen mobile device, and sounds an alarm to help you find it.
- Backup and Restore: Safely and seamlessly stores your contacts so you can easily access them from any Web browser.
- System Optimization: Provides control over running apps and power consumption.
- Traffic Monitoring: Provides real-time updates on data usage and caps on maximum data usage.
- Anti-eavesdropping protection: With Anti-eavesdropping, users can be sure their calls are not being recorded by third party apps or viruses.
- Financial security protection: When users access financial websites via their system browser or start e-bank/securities apps, NQ Mobile Security V6.0 automatically scans all running apps to determine if any active apps pose a security risk.
- Activation via in app purchase or retail card: Users can upgrade their protection level through either in app purchase or via a retail card upgrade.
NQ Mobile Security outperformed all competitive mobile security platforms in a
West Coast Labs Comparative Test
. NQ Mobile Security was also a top performer in effectiveness, with a 99 percent malware detection rate, in research conducted by AV-TEST Institute, a leading international and independent service provider in the fields of IT security and anti-virus research.
NQ Mobile Security is available on the
store along with NQ
. NQ Mobile Vault is available on both Google Play and iTunes.
About the Global Mobile Internet Conference (GMIC SV)
The Global Mobile Internet Conference (GMIC SV) is
's most influential mobile Internet conference which came to Silicon Valley in 2012
Themed "Connecting Global Innovators," the conference brings together Silicon Valley and the world's emerging epicenters of mobile innovation and top executives from key global markets to discuss the shifts, challenges and opportunities for growth in the fastest growing global markets. Partner organizations include: Wireless Industry Partners (WIP), Mobile Monday – Silicon Valley, SVForum, TIE, and HYSTA. For more information, visit
About NQ Mobile
NQ Mobile Inc. (NYSE: NQ) is a leading global provider of mobile Internet services focusing on security, privacy and productivity. The company was one of the first to recognize the growing security threats targeting smartphone users and is now a leading provider of Freemium subscription services with approximately 172 million registered user accounts in over 150 countries. NQ Mobile's proprietary, cloud-based security solution has been recognized by third-party testing facilities around the world as the most effective solution for detecting and combating mobile threats. NQ Mobile was bestowed the 2011 Technology Pioneer Award by the World Economic Forum for its technology leadership and innovation in mobile security. To facilitate global expansion, NQ Mobile headquarters are co-located in
, USA. For more information on NQ Mobile, please visit