DALLAS, Oct. 22, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tuesday Morning Corporation (Nasdaq:TUES) today announced financial results for the first quarter ended September 30, 2012.
For the quarter ended September 30, 2012:
- Net revenue increased 1.3% to $172.8 million from $170.7 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Comparable stores sales increased by 1.7% compared to the first quarter of fiscal 2012 and were comprised of a 4.7% increase in average ticket and a 3.0% decrease in traffic.
- Gross profit was $64.9 million and gross margin was 37.6% as compared to $65.0 million in gross profit and gross margin of 38.1% in the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Selling, general and administrative expenses (SG&A) increased to $75.8 million from $73.5 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2012. Excluding $1.5 million in non-recurring charges primarily related to consulting, legal and recruitment expenses, SG&A for the first quarter of fiscal 2013 was $74.3 million.
- Operating loss was $10.9 million as compared to an operating loss of $8.5 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2012. Excluding the aforementioned items, operating loss for the first quarter of fiscal 2013 was $9.4 million.
- Net loss was $7.0 million or a $0.17 loss per share compared to a net loss of $5.7 million or a $0.13 loss per share in the first quarter of fiscal 2012. Excluding $ 0.9 million or $0.02 per share in tax-effected non-recurring charges, net loss was $6.1 million or a $0.15 loss per share for the first quarter of fiscal 2013.
The Company ended the first quarter of fiscal 2013 with $10.0 million in cash and cash equivalents compared to $5.2 million at the end of the first quarter of fiscal 2012. Inventory at the end of the first quarter of fiscal 2013 totaled $331.7 million compared to $306.2 million at the end of the first quarter of fiscal 2012. The Company ended the first quarter of 2013 with 840 stores in 43 states.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV